Rules, Regulations and Policies
Temporary and Seasonal Campsites, Rustic, Resort Cabins, and Tents
General Camping Rules
- No vehicle shall be driven at a speed over 15 mph.
- All Guests and/or children, at all times, remain the responsibility of the person who rented/leased the site. There must be a responsible adult 21 years of age or older on the site at ALL times.
- Minors are to be supervised and at their sites from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Quiet hours are from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Trash and/or garbage must be put in plastic bags and placed in the dumpsters located throughout the Park. Do not leave any trash on your site or next to the dumpster. Site must be left clean. No trash may be left in fire ring.
- Fires may be built in approved fire pits or rings only. Please do not relocate or dig new fire pits. All fires must be extinguished before leaving the campsite or retiring for the night. Violations will be issued for unattended fires. Fires are restricted to the campfire. Do not place trash, bottles or cans in fire rings. Do not burn any treated or painted wood. Cutting trees, saplings and shrubs is strictly prohibited. (Firewood is available at station 35)
- Campers MAY NOT drain any fluids from their trailers on the ground. There are dump stations located by the office. Please use dumping stations to dispose of gray and black water properly. No dumping port-a-potties in restroom toilets; use dump station near office
- Trespassing or "cutting" through on another person's assigned site is prohibited. All camping cabins/tents are non-smoking; pets are not allowed in the cabins or on cabin sites.
- Alcoholic beverages must be confined to the campsite only. Anyone found drinking underage will be prosecuted and/or evicted from the park. Drunkenness, profanity, fighting, indecent exposure of the person or any other disorderly conduct is strictly prohibited. Underage drinking, use of drugs, or excessive use of alcoholic beverages, will result in immediate removal by local authorities along with arrest. Open displays of drunk and obnoxious behavior are not permitted.
- Campers may not bring into Camp Dearborn any boats, mini-bikes, mopeds, golf carts, or any other motorized vehicles whether licensed or not. No mini-bikes, dirt bikes, four-wheelers, motorized or electric scooters, mopeds, or kiddie cars are permitted. Battery-powered children’s toys such as Power Wheels, Barbie Cars etc. are not allowed. Vehicles such as Razor Scooters are not allowed. We only allow the following: cars, trucks, motorhomes and licensed motorcycles.
- The Park Manager and/or his designee have the authority to refuse admission or evict a camper for failing to follow Park regulations or for showing objectionable behavior while in the Park. Campers MUST be 21 or older to rent a campsite. An adult 21 or older must be on-site at all times during rental period. ID is required for all campers. Management reserves the right to evict any campsite that generates an internal or external police report. (includes Campground Incident Reports generated by the Sheriff or Police Department)
- You must stay on the campsite selected at time of reservation, unless your campsite has been officially changed in the office. Your RV's tongue/front must be facing the road. This is a local fire department ordinance requirement.
- Only one camping unit is allowed per site. A maximum of six people per site is allowed. Campers may have a dining canopy/tent in addition to their sleeping accommodations. No sleeping allowed in dining tents.
- For tents and cabins, checkin is 3 p.m., and check out is 11 a.m. An additional day's charge will result if not cleaned up and packed by check-out time. Keys must be returned or additional fee will be charged to account. For RV sites, check in is at 1 p.m., and check out is at noon.
- You are allowed two vehicles at your site with no extra charge.
- Bicycles are to be kept out of campground buildings and must be parked in bike racks. Due to safety concerns, bike riding after dusk is not permitted (Dusk is 30 minutes hour after sunset). Skateboards are not allowed at comfort stations or anywhere near the canteen area.
- Smoking is not permitted in any campground buildings.
- The use of loud speakers, public address systems, or floodlights is prohibited. Radios, TVs, etc. should not be heard on the next site. No radios or televisions are allowed to be on during quiet time in such a manner as to disturb others. NO instruments are to be played after 11 p.m. No screaming or loud talking after 11 p.m.
- The use of paintball guns, BB guns, and/or Pellet guns is prohibited within the park.
- Firecrackers, sparklers and all other pyrotechnical devices are not permitted.
- Only two vehicles will be permitted per site. All others must be parked in designated lots. Parking of vehicles along the side of the road or vacant sites is not allowed. All vehicles must clearly display a car pass on the windshield at all times or will be ticketed and/or towed. Removing, altering or re-using car passes is not allowed and will result in eviction and or prosecution.
- For the safety of children, the benefit of the environment and the reduction of traffic, please minimize the use of your car while in the park.
- Camp Dearborn is not responsible for any theft, loss by fire or accident. Any personal property including, but not limited to, canoes and kayaks, whether on your site or within the park, are stored at your own risk. Use of any of the facilities is strictly at your own risk. Parents will be held responsible and pay for any damages to property, facilities etc. caused by themselves or their children.
- Check-in time is 1 p.m. Check-out time is 12 p.m.
- In an emergency, call 911 first. Contact the main office number or gatehouse at (248) 684-6000 to report non-emergency issues, or to summon the Oakland County Sheriff.
- Only one picnic table is provided per campsite. If additional tables are required for your guests, contact the office. Extra tables, if available, will be provided at a charge of $10 per table for delivery.
- Regardless of type of accommodations, guests and visitors assume all risks and danger incidental to their stay. This includes, but is not limited to, the danger of being injured by insects or animals, of being injured while participating in recreational activities, and/or being injured as a result of inclement weather conditions. Camp Dearborn and its owners, agents and employees are not liable for injuries resulting from such risks and danger. Guests and visitors also assume risks of damage to personal property.
29.All guests must purchase visitors day passes.
30.Campers are responsible for their guests
31.Guest Day Passes expire at 10:00PM. Guests must exit the campground by 10:00
32.Guests are not permitted to bring pets
33.Guests must park in visitors parking
34.Guests do not have access to pool
Maximum of 2 pets per site.
35.All pets must be on a leash no longer than 6 feet in length when outside thePets must be attended at all times even when tied up.
36.Pet waste must be immediately picked up and disposed of properly.
37.Animals are not allowed on the beach, in buildings, or at campground events. PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN CABINS OR ON CABIN SITES. VISITORS OF REGISTERED CAMPERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BRING PETS INTO THE CAMPGROUND.
38.Pets may not be left unattended in your RV, on your site, or in any vehicle, as to disturb others while you are away. If they are a constant barker, please leave them at home.
39.No pets allowed on or near beach, playground or recreation areas. Pets are not allowed to be in restrooms, showers, Rec. Field or swimming areas.
Swimming is permitted only at designated beaches or at the pool during designated hours only.
40.For your safety, swimming is not permitted in any other parts of our lakes or after dark. There are no lifeguards on duty at any time at any of our lakes, swimming is at your own risk.
41.Pets are not allowed in the pool areas or on the beaches. Diving is not permitted at the pool.
42.Glass containers are not permitted. Smoking is not allowed at beaches or pools.
43.An adult must accompany children at all times while at the beach or in the pool area.
44.Swim diapers are required for children who are not toilet trained.
Cancellation Policy (in Season and Holidays)
45.Cancellations before day of arrival are subject to an administrative fee equal to one night’s
46.Cancellations the day of arrival or early departures are non-
Cancellation Policy (Pre/Post Season)
Cancellations at any time or early departures are non-refundable.
47.TV2 Seasonal Rules, Regulations, and Policies
48.All campsites are leased in accordance with the policies listed in the “Camp Dearborn Lease Agreement.”
49.Campsite leases are issued only for qualified mobile camping units. Buses, mobile homes and other altered vehicles are strictly prohibited to be brought into the seasonal camping area, TV2.
50.Camping units entering Camp Dearborn for the first time must have the R.V.I.A. seal. A current picture of the camping unit must be submitted for approval by Camp Management prior to securing a campsite lease.
51.Incoming camping units must be under 400 Sq. Ft and must be easily movable. Wheels and hitches must remain intact while on Camp Dearborn Property.
52.Annual camp leases are effective through the Friday prior to Memorial Day Weekend and are renewed at the discretion of Camp Management.
53.Leases are not valid for year-round occupancy. Summer campsite fees are for usage and winter fees are for storage and limited recreational use. Camp Dearborn is closed from January 2-March 24, 2017.
54.Failure to pay fees will prevent renewal of any lease agreement. If fees are not current then entrance into the park and/or trailer may be denied until such fees are brought up to date.
55.Leases are automatically terminated with a sale or permanent removal of any camping unit.
56.Prior to any sale of a camping unit, an inspection by camp staff must be done. Any deficiencies must be repaired prior to the finalization of the lease transfer. Trailers that have attached cabanas and cover the trailer in any way are not eligible to stay in Camp Dearborn after a sale. Some units may not be repairable due to age or condition and may be required to be removed.
57.Four foot spacing all the around the trailer unit must be maintained for fire safety. This includes when any slide-outs are fully extended.
58.There must be a responsible adult 21 years of age or older at the campsite at all times. Un-chaperoned parties are subject to eviction.
59.No camping units with a permanent structure may be sold or change ownership and kept at Camp Dearborn. This includes but is not limited to enclosed porches, cabanas, or any add-on built on to the trailer in past years.
60.At least one parking sticker must be reserved/used by the owner of the trailer with the address on the registration matching the lease.
61.Leased sites may not be used for storage of boats, cars, or anything except the RV itself.
62.No dumping of grey or black water is allowed unless hauled away by a licensed company. No direct draining of ANY liquid is allowed into an external tank or onto the ground underneath a trailer. Small portable tote tanks are permissible if emptied at the office dump station.
63.Guests visiting a camper in the TV2 seasonal area must park in the visitors parking area.
64.This is an abridged version of the Rules, Regulations & Policies for Camp Dearborn pertaining directly to TV2 Seasonal sites, the full text version is maintained on www.campdearborn.
65.Lessees are responsible for the maintenance of their campsite and camping unit including mowing and maintaining a neat appearance. Failure to properly care for a campsite will result in the intervention of Camp personnel at the expense of the lessee. Grass cutting fee is $50 per cut.
66.Failure to comply with Camp lease policies may result in eviction, with removal of unit at the owner’s expense, and forfeiture of all fees and deposits paid.
67.Fee and Deposit Requirements
68.Fees are determined by the size of the camping unit, ownership of the registered vehicles and the lessee’s residency status. Additional fees are charged for cabanas, each air conditioner and each extra refrigerator.
69.*New lessees are required to pay a $500 deposit and the remaining balance for the current season. Deposits are forfeited if a lease is cancelled within the first year and the camping unit is removed from the park.
70.*Deposits are refunded if a camping unit is sold or removed from a campsite with an account paid to date, and the site is left clean and undamaged.
71.*Leases will be terminated when fees are 30 days in arrears. Camping units will be removed from campsite at the owner’s expense, deducted from deposit. Any additional debt will be forwarded to the City of Dearborn Legal Department for collection.
72.*Every TV2 lease agreement includes the registration of two vehicles for visits to the Camp and entrance to TV2 during the operating season. Each registered vehicle will receive a Camp sticker from the Milford Camp Office. Stickers are for registered vehicles only and must be displayed on the windshield. Stickers are non-transferable.
73.A replacement sticker can be obtained for a $10 fee, with the return of the original sticker and a current camping receipt at the Milford Camp Office.
74.*Lease Agreements are made with adults age 21 years and older. The adult with whom the agreement is made, is responsible for the financial obligations of leasing a campsite, as well as the conduct and behavior of each person occupying the campsite.
76.Overnight sleeping is prohibited outside registered camping units; tents/cabins/RV’s
77.Air conditioning units must be turned off when a camping unit is unoccupied. Units left on when the unit is unoccupied will result in a daily monetary fine levied to the trailer owner. Tampering with any electrical utility panel is a felony under the penalty of law. Violators will be prosecuted.
78.Outside lighting on a camping unit is permitted if the lighting is placed on a timer to conserve energy.
79.Outside portable toilets are banned from all campsites, with the exception of small medical units which can be kept inside the camping unit with the ability of proper disposal. Disposal may be done at the dump station next to the office at no charge. Onsite/comfort station disposal of waste, waste water or sewage is strictly prohibited.
80.Propane tanks must be safely secured to camping unit. Lawn mowers may NOT be stored under a trailer at any time.
81.Portable basketball nets are not allowed in TV2. It is a danger to drivers and players alike. Permanent nets are available adjacent to the canteen.
82.Storage at a campsite is permitted in season (Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend through Saturday following Labor Day). Storage is limited to patio furniture, portable grills, bicycles and neatly stacked firewood. Items that are not labeled for outdoor use ( indoor couches or furniture, etc.) may not be kept outside the trailer at any time.
83.Off-season storage is not permitted on the exterior. Items stored in the off-season must be placed inside the camping unit.
84.All trash is to be disposed of in the dumpsters conveniently located throughout the TV2 area. Discarded items cannot be placed in the Camp office area.
85.Metal detectors are prohibited at Camp Dearborn.
86.Selling a Camping Unit
87.Sellers must request Camp officials to conduct an exterior inspection of the camping unit and site, prior to any sale. Any deficiencies must be repaired prior to the finalization of the new lease. Camp officials will fill out an Inspection Report form and furnish it to the owner. Camp officials are then authorized to release information to prospective buyers. Sellers must be current on lease account payments.
88.Sellers are required to report the sale of their unit to the Camp Office and submit the name, address and phone number of the buyer. Sellers are required to return all current car passes and their most recent paid receipt to the Camp office. Compliance with these rules will help avoid incurring additional fees for the seller.
89.Leases are not transferable. A new lease must be obtained for all new arrivals, and new ownership of an existing trailer.
90.Individuals purchasing a camping unit with the intention of keeping it on its present site must first seek approval of Camp management to ensure it is in a suitable condition to enable it to stay on site. Some trailers may be determined to be in too poor a condition or not meet current campground standards to stay on a Camp Dearborn site.
91.Buying a Camping Unit
92.Once a camping unit has been purchased, the buyer is required to provide the following:
93.Proof of purchase-application of Title obtained from the Secretary of State. If Title is unavailable, a notarized sales receipt will suffice until the Title is obtained.
94.A $500 deposit and remittance of all fees, and a signed campsite lease.
95.Buyers wishing to remain on a campsite are obligated to conform with all existing camping units and camping site specifications.
96.All repairs and improvements cited by Camp officials must be completed within 30 days of notification of sale.
97.Sale and transfer of trailers must be completed in full within 60 days of notification of sale.
98.Permanent season stickers are issued to new owners once repairs/improvements have been completed and approved by Camp management.
99.Modifying Your Camping Unit-
100.Any improvement to the exterior of a camping unit, construction of a patio deck, installation of steps, excavation of a fire pit, or erection of a storage shed, must first receive approval in writing from Camp Management. A diagram with the proposed improvements must be submitted to the Camp Office with dimensions, materials, trailer site number, and who will be doing the work. No work may be started until the work is approved by the Camp Office. Any modifications must keep a required 4-foot spacing all the way around the trailer from the next camping unit.
101.Improvements are limited to non-permanent steps, patio decks, and storage sheds. No structure may be anchored onto the ground in any way and are limited to 200 Sq. Ft. in size. No decks may be enclosed or covered permanently.
102.Fabric awnings are permitted, but must be removed from September 30 through May 1 annually.
103.Patio decks are limited to the door side of the camping unit and cannot exceed 8 Ft. in width or 12 inches in height. Patio decks cannot extend beyond one foot of either the front or back of the camping unit. Retractable awnings are allowed when attached to the camper.
104.One storage shed per campsite. Sheds are limited to an 8 ft. x 10 ft. construction of wood or aluminum. Storage sheds are to be placed on a flush to the ground concrete slab with a maximum 1-foot extension.
33 ft. & Under $660 $771
34 ft.—49 ft. $723 $837
50 ft. & Over $759 $876
33 ft. & Under $1164 $1275
34 ft.—49 ft. $1200 $1314
50 ft. & Over $1233 $1350
SUMMER INSTALLMENTS DUE MAY 20, JUNE 24, AND JULY 29
Please note: Summer season fees must be paid either in full or in three installments. A $75 late fee will be assessed each time a payment is not received by the due date.
EXTRA ELECTRIC DUE MAY 20, 2017
($70 FOR EACH A/C AND EXTRA REFRIGERATOR)
Lease fees include 120v/20 amp electrical service for one camping unit with one refrigerator beginning the Saturday prior to Memorial Day Weekend through October 1, each year. Air conditioning units and additional refrigerators are permitted for a fee of $70 per unit.
Prorated electric fees
In-season $6/wk. per unit/Off-season $4/wk. per unit
WINTER STORAGE DUE SEPT. 9, 2017
If payment is not received by 9/9/17, a $100 late fee will be added. If the winter storage fee is not paid by 10/9/15, the lease will be terminated and the property removed at the owner’s expense.
PRORATED FOR MID-WINTER ENTRIES OR DEPARTURES
These policies are by no means all-inclusive and are subject to change at any time.